Sunday, February 5, 2012

“ Mommy I want you to teach me!”

 Today, my 6 year old son, told me that he would rather me teach him then him go to a public school. To say it knocked me off my feet is an understatement. I was both flattered and scared at the same time. The reason? Because I really thought about it. My son has being have some problems  in school for some time now. I have address the issue last year. But it seems to me that nothing is really getting done. When he was a toddler I make a room for him strictly for “learning”. I longed to show my son all the wonders of education. I hated school when I was a child and I never wanted him to experience those things. Which brings me back to homeschooling. I am terrified that I would be making a mistake. What if I can’t do it? What if he’s more miserable at home then he is at school? Questions just pop in my mind in a matter of minutes while making dinner. I pondered over it while watching youtube. I gushed over it while thinking of all the good memories I could make educating him. Then the fear set in. I know my husband would not be into it. But what iIF he would be open to it? I could let him do a semester at home for trial, maybe that would work? Anyhow it is something to think about. What would you do if your son told you this? would you take them out? Could you Homeschool your kids?

1 comment:

  1. I have thought about homeschooling. I have the same reservations as you about it. I think what if I mess up? It's a big decision to make.
    There is a big age gap from my oldest 2 children and my youngest 4 children.
    Although my 2 oldest are doing well in public school. They are both in high school now. I am wanting to prevent my younger one's from having as much exposure to the lack of morals in the society of public school.
    I'm not saying public schools are all bad. I just have my worries about them!
    My older kids have seen a lot go on.

    ReplyDelete